A Fire that Reconciles

Welcome to Reconciling Fire. The name comes from Numbers 31:23, in which the Israelites were taught to purify by going through fire, and Colossians 1:20, in which God plans to reconcile all to Himself. From what I have studied throughout scripture I have come to believe that God's plan for creation is to reconcile all mankind to Himself. I believe that Jesus died as lawful propitiation for our sins in accordance with the law set in place throughout the Old Testament (Rom. 325; 1 John 2:2; 1 John 4:10), that God's mercy endures forever, and for all (1 Chron. 16:34; Rom. 11:33), and finally that God should become all in all (1 Cor. 15:28). I am not a professor, or a doctor, or a famous theologian. But I am a student of the Bible who loves God with all her heart. As I learn and grow, I wish to share my journey with whomever happens along. I do believe in the total reconciliation of all mankind, and I hope that will become clear as I write and grow more.

In His love,
Rebekah

Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Hot and the Cold

Has anyone else noticed something lately?

I've noticed that recently, God has been separating the lukewarms into either hot or cold. People that have long been a "Sunday Christian" if you will, are suddenly either developing a strong passion for God, or falling away from Christianity completely. I don't know what God is doing here, but it has stuck me.

As always, I turn to scripture. I don't have much discernment here as of yet, but I put up scripture anyways, perhaps if God grants me discernment regarding what's going on next, I will be able to fall back on these verses.

Psalm 39:3:
My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue,


Revelation 3:15-16:
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.


Genesis 8:22:
While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.


Matthew 24:12:
And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.


Matthew 25:32:
And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats


2 Corinthians 6:17:
Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.


Jude 1:19:
These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

Alright, so maybe these verses aren't all in the context of the hot and cold separating. Fair enough. However, I love gathering verses with similar words and themes. You never know what connections might manifest.

Or maybe I'm just reading into nothing. Still, God is doing something...(when is He not?) and I thought it worth pointing out.

Are you becoming hot, or cold?

No comments:

Post a Comment