A Fire that Reconciles

Welcome to Reconciling Fire. The name comes from Numbers 31:23, in which the Israelites were taught to purify by going through fire, and Colossians 1:20, in which God plans to reconcile all to Himself. From what I have studied throughout scripture I have come to believe that God's plan for creation is to reconcile all mankind to Himself. I believe that Jesus died as lawful propitiation for our sins in accordance with the law set in place throughout the Old Testament (Rom. 325; 1 John 2:2; 1 John 4:10), that God's mercy endures forever, and for all (1 Chron. 16:34; Rom. 11:33), and finally that God should become all in all (1 Cor. 15:28). I am not a professor, or a doctor, or a famous theologian. But I am a student of the Bible who loves God with all her heart. As I learn and grow, I wish to share my journey with whomever happens along. I do believe in the total reconciliation of all mankind, and I hope that will become clear as I write and grow more.

In His love,
Rebekah

Friday, October 7, 2011

Learning to Love

Isaiah 41:26:
Who hath declared from the beginning, that we may know? and beforetime, that we may say, He is righteous? yea, there is none that sheweth, yea, there is none that declareth, yea, there is none that heareth your words.


Romans 3:10:
As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:


There is none righteous. Not a one. So why is it, that as Christians, we tend to see others living in great sin, and think less of them? Do you ever see a family who each of them looks stoned, dirty, maybe they cuss a lot, and present themselves poorly? The natural reaction of course is "wow...I feel bad for those kids. What a sad, dirty family." then proceed to justify the remark (or thought) with "they need Jesus."

Well, let me tell you, today I learned quite the lesson! I met a family like that. And to be honest, I am ashamed to say I sort of brushed them off. I wasn't in the mood to deal with "that type." I sure asked God to do a work on my heart though, when I found them to be strong Christians, as the lady proceeded to tell her testimony. At first I was annoyed, see I thought she was just complaining. I thought she was someone who just thought the whole world was against her and had to complain about her life. As she talked though, I realize how her story lead in to her testimony, of how she was brought to have a relationship with the Lord! At that moment I was ashamed. I asked the Holy Spirit to convict my heart. To help me love. I was reminded that we cannot judge. We cannot know a person's heart. And we have no grounds to ever believe God loves us more, or we are more worthy. There is none righteous. Not a one. We all need to be reminded of that sometimes.

So as I move from today into tomorrow, I pray that the Holy Spirit will really convict my heart and help me love. Sometimes I don't feel like I love other people. Sometimes I have a hard time coming to terms with the fact that God can love "that person" as much as me!! To be honest, sometimes I think that "I'm God's daughter! I'm a Daddy's girl! He has a special love for me!" But the truth is, we are all precious in His eyes. And God does have an incredible love and desire for me, but no more than for everyone else.

Think you can ask the Holy Spirit to help you learn to love?

Think on these things...
Rebekah

No comments:

Post a Comment