A Fire that Reconciles

Welcome to Reconciling Fire. The name comes from Numbers 31:23, in which the Israelites were taught to purify by going through fire, and Colossians 1:20, in which God plans to reconcile all to Himself. From what I have studied throughout scripture I have come to believe that God's plan for creation is to reconcile all mankind to Himself. I believe that Jesus died as lawful propitiation for our sins in accordance with the law set in place throughout the Old Testament (Rom. 325; 1 John 2:2; 1 John 4:10), that God's mercy endures forever, and for all (1 Chron. 16:34; Rom. 11:33), and finally that God should become all in all (1 Cor. 15:28). I am not a professor, or a doctor, or a famous theologian. But I am a student of the Bible who loves God with all her heart. As I learn and grow, I wish to share my journey with whomever happens along. I do believe in the total reconciliation of all mankind, and I hope that will become clear as I write and grow more.

In His love,
Rebekah

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thankfulness

Ok, this is short and simple. A sentiment to share. When I'm stressed, bitter, frustrated, and tired, I am so thankful God brings the right people at the right time.

Got coffee today with one of my most prominent mentor figures. He took the time to just listen to me and sew into me and counsel me. Lord knows I needed it!!!!

When you're tired just think about those people who encourage you and do so much for you. Reach out to them if you have to. God gave us each other to uplift and support.

I am so thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment